Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's All Design to Me

It's All Design to Me 

Post One 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4K5JJaOY1c&feature=plcp

(couldn't get the actual video to load, so here is the link)


When I began this project, I struggled to find certain "things" that inspired me or the designs I am attracted to. However, when I began to look around my apartment and my parents house, I realized exactly what design is to me: people. Not only the people around me, but what people inspire others to do. For instance, the Navajo print trend which stems from years of rich history is now used for fashionable clothing and furniture. The images I chose to use show places I have visited, places that have been a part of my life, and people who inspire me. I have a desire for design to be sustainable. Whether the product lasts a lifetime or not, I am drawn to design that is timeless and transcends from one generation to the next. Simplicity is key.



No comments:

Post a Comment