Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Inspiration Links

The links I chose for my blog were a mix of interior design, fashion, and cooking blogs. I was attracted to these sites initially for the simplicity of the content. I like how the pictures are very close-up and to the point. There are not extra elements in the picture to distract you from exactly what you need to be looking at. The food blogs capture so many colors in the dish itself that I honestly would not have noticed before. The style blogs provide pieces to put together without overwhelming you with ideas. I draw inspiration from many of those blogs by a piece or two that I see, without being overwhelmed an "outfit". 

If I had to choose just one link, I would choose the Little Green Notebook. I love how she finds design in so many places that she visits or things that she eats. Although her blog focuses on her interior designs, she shows where she draws her inspiration from, which is basically everywhere. It makes me realize that you can literally draw inspiration from anywhere!  

1 comment:

  1. Inspiration presentation: Presentation and boards were very clean and easy to see your direction. The choice to use the note to make your listing was different and interesting.
    Focus inspiration into the idea of: Unfinished
    This translates into where you are heading for the elements in a space, the textures you have shown (burlap, leather). There is also a feeling of androgyny in your elements which also helps your focus and will help your design because its not necessarily about you or someone in particular but an unbiased, honest experience.
    Still not sure if showing the theater picture last was best but overall a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete